A list of some of the false teachings, supposedly from Jesus, that permeates much of Christianity versus what he really taught...
Let's look at some of the false teaching people claim Jesus taught. These ideas were created through early Orthodox Christian leaders who formed the religion that evolved into the various denominations we know today but were never the teaching of Jesus.
Therefore, it is important to understand that today's Christian doctrines falsely portray:
- Jesus teaching condemnation.
- Jesus teaching division.
- Jesus teaching original sin.
- Jesus teaching eternal punishment in hell.
- Jesus teaching that the Bible is the word of God.
- Jesus teaching he was a blood sacrifice for sins.
- Jesus teaching the idea of a triune god, known as "The Trinity."
- Jesus teaching he was a deity.
- Jesus teaching disciples to establish a religion.
Of course, none of these portrayals of Jesus' life were true.
Finding Jesus' True Teaching
Let us agree that when Jesus spoke, his teaching was conveyed through parables. Parables are simple stories that convey a hidden teaching of truth. The parables were passed down by word of mouth called oral tradition. The parables containing Jesus' teaching were preserved by Orthodox Christian writers, many of these wise sayings can be found in the New Testament. Astoundingly, the people who preserved Jesus' teaching did not understand that the parables spoke against their religious ideas. Otherwise, they would have sought to destroy them.
Jesus' teaching has been twisted by mistakenly interpreting his parables literally instead of metaphorically. Fearful Christian doctrines were formed and the Bible is used as a method of enforcing erroneous teaching. Though this has occurred, I want to suggest that these writings can be understood in a new light to reveal a timeless message of:
- Jesus teaching we should love all, and we are connected.
- Jesus teaching against division.
- Jesus teaching we were not born inherently bad but eternal.
- Jesus teaching hell is a state of mind, not a place.
- Jesus teaching we are not to follow a book, but the Spirit.
- Jesus teaching against blood sacrifice.
- Jesus teaching against the ideas of religion.
- Jesus teaching that all of us are one with God - eternally inseparable.
Time for Healing
It is time for wrong ideas of religion, such as are found within Christianity, to be torn down from the collective mind of humanity so that we can know the truth of who we are.
It is time for the true 'Jesus teaching' to come forth instead of the continued promotion of the "Jesus Religion" many have been following.
Jesus' timeless message begin with these words: "The Kingdom of God is within you." - Louis Charles
Why Buy the Book, Jesus Religion?
Do you want to learn more about what was likely the real message of Jesus? Do you desire to find freedom from fearful Christian ideas and teachings?
The book Jesus Religion by Louis Charles is available on Amazon.com.
Know that you are already eternally connected to God and find your path to spirituality and peace.